Thank you for visiting sewingillustration.com (the “Website”). This privacy and security policy (the “Policy”) explains the information we collect about you on the Website, as well as information collected when you visit our stores or otherwise communicate , how we use the personal data information, some of the security steps taken to protect the information, and the choices you have to review, revise and/or restrict our usage of this information. This Policy is part of th
What personal information do we collect?
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with our website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information".
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- - "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- - "Log files" track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- - "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through our website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as "Order Information".
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- - Communicate with you;
- - Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- - When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our website's data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through our website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
3930 Sunsetridge Rd.
Moorpark CA 93021, USA
e Terms & Conditions of Use that govern the Website and is binding on all Website users.
1. How do we use your personal data? In providing your personal data you consent to sewingillustration.com using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We need your personal data for the following purposes:
-To create your personal account at sewingillustration.com (e.g. your name and email address)
-To process your orders (e.g. your name, address)
-To be able to send you marketing offers such as newsletters and our catalogues (e.g. your email address, your name)
-To be able to contact you in the event of any problem with the delivery of your items (e.g. address)
-To enable us to answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services (e.g. your email address)
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or as long as we are required by law. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book keeping rules or when there is a legal ground to keep the data, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
Non-personal data is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal data with personal data.
In addition, we monitor site use and traffic patterns to improve our web site design and the products and services we offer as well as to determine what offers, promotions or information to send to you.
To serve you better, we may combine Personal Information you give us online, via mobile device, in our stores, or through our customer service call center.
2. You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. Annually, you also have the right to request written documentation, free of charge, on the personal information we have on you on our account files. To request this document please write in to sewingillustration.com Customer Service. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time (i.e., sending catalogs, Newsletters or offers). You can contact us by e-mail.
3. You can access your personal account to update your personal data. Please note, however, that your personal account information is protected by your user name and password. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of your username and password as any actions taken while logged into your account will be your responsibility.
4. We do not sell your information to third parties. If you do not want us to share your personal data in these manners, please do not provide it to us.
6. Security, sewingillustration.com takes every precaution to protect our user’s information. We use industry standards to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment under restricted access. However, security systems are not infallible, including encryption systems. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com for more info.
We accept payment through your PayPal account or you may use a VISA or Master credit card.
8. If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code, phone, e-mail or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate that user’s personally identifiable information provided to us. This can be done by using the unsubscribe feature in our communication.
This page was last updated on 17 Jan. 2014.